OOH RAH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here!

+5
Isitthathardtofind
RAJ-rios
AmmaLlama
diskudjua
Irexop
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here! Empty Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here!

Post  Irexop Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi fellow Ooh Rahs!

As you know, our guild has some somewhat unusual perc rules:
Do not attack random percs. Do only attack guilds who have taken one of our percs and do not kill more percs of theirs, than they killed of ours. The revenge needs to contain Raj-rios and ONLY other Ooh Rah people.

It has come to my attention that some of us would like to revise that rule. Personally I don't like not being able to perc hunt and I think it's a bit flawed because we often get perc attacks once we'r not online and therefore don't know who to revenge on.
Heres what I'm proposing:

We are allowed to attack random perceptors.
We are NOT allowed to attack the same guild again and again quickly after eachother. This is to avoid war the best as possible, which I believe was the reason for the first rule.
If a guild attacks us it should be treated the same way as before.

EDIT FROM RAJ
Since I cannot add my reply directly after your post I'll past it here.

this is the very reason we have the perc placement rules. Collect your perc when you log out if it's in a dungeon or high risk area, and it won't get killed. Defense is the reason we came up with the very long and exhausting perc placement rules. Another thing, if this proposition passes and members become allowed to kill random percs, we will STILL honor our allies and WILL NOT attack them under punishment of banning.
I'm personally against changing our policy, but as always am open to suggestion, OOH RAH is a family, not a dictatorship.

OOH RAH!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT FROM DISK:
It might be interesting to know that this has been discussed before. So, for those intersted in a little history
and what has been said about this before: click here

But try to keep the conversation in this topic, as the one I just linked is old.
Irexop
Irexop

Back to top Go down

Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here! Empty my idea

Post  diskudjua Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Irexop wrote:
As you know, our guild has some somewhat unusual perc rules:
Do not attack random percs. Do only attack guilds who have taken one of our percs and do not kill more percs of theirs, than they killed of ours. The revenge needs to contain Raj-rios and ONLY other Ooh Rah people.

Thats just how we roll, this is one rule is almost what OOH RAH is founded on, I say keep things as they are.
And this rule has brought us good alliance with other important Rosal guilds.
'nough said
OOH RAH!
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here! Empty Re: Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here!

Post  AmmaLlama Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Sorry, Ire, but that is just how Ooh Rah is. It's one of the reasons we are so respected on Rosal. And there are actually a lot of other guilds with this same rule, though not as strict punishment for breaking it. Even when Bad and a lot of our other respected members left, we were still considered one of the better guilds on Rosal, and a force to be reckoned with. We have gained allies specifically because of how fair we are to everyone on the server. Our morality is, overall, applauded by the community. I do, however, think we need to have a better idea of who can do the revenge kills. Of course, post it on the forums, and we need to approve everything through Raj first. But we used to have specific people who could stand in if Raj was not available. Most of those people are now gone. And a lot of us are busy with our families, school, work, and just life in general. I like that our revenge only contains Ooh Rah members, because it was a trespass on our guild.

I think we need to look closer at where and when and for how long people place percs. We voted on rules on this earlier, but again, most of the people involved are now gone. I log on every night, and there are percs in the restricted areas when the people who placed them are not logged. I can speak only for myself, but I get tired of always defending percs in high hit areas when the person who placed them leaves them overnight. But I will never let one of Ooh Rah's percs go simply because I don't feel like defending. I spend most of my nights on Frigost, and am usually able to defend, but that is beside the point. We've lost a few of our Astrub percs because I was the only one logged and I was in a fight and unable to defend. I feel bad about that, but yeah, there's only so much that I can do.

The rules we have regarding percs are there for a reason. They work for us, and our guild runs more smoothly when these rules are followed. The newer rules were put into place because several people were feeling resentful because they were constantly defending percs that other's had placed and would leave for days. I personally spent a whole night doing nothing but defending percs, I think I did 8 defends in 2 hours just while I was running to SO. I'm not Raj, my word is not law, but I really do think it would benefit the guild as a whole if we went to following ALL the rules.
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

https://www.facebook.com/ammarenee

Back to top Go down

Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here! Empty Re: Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here!

Post  RAJ-rios Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:04 am

Very eloquently put Amma. We should indeed review and enforce our perc placing rules with ALL members, especially since we've gotten so many new members who haven't registered on the forum and been given the rules yet, regardless of how this poll turns out. Thank you for the insightful advice.

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Irexop Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:12 am

So apparently everyone in the guild think that I was negative and started to attack people from the minute I logged on.

To clarify, before rumors starts to circulate, I was not attacking anyone, but apparently it looked like that since people responded before I got a chance to finish what I was saying.
Irexop
Irexop

Back to top Go down

Post  Isitthathardtofind Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Again problems with perc heh?

Anyways, we all agreed on perc rule, and I still do, but heres another thing.
Ever since the April(fool)update came out, the placement of perceptors is adjusted.
You can now place them in dungeon boss-rooms, and thats a thing I dont like.
You know how annoying it is when someone steals your drops?
So I thought of keeping the rule, just add something.
And when you've read this you prolly know what its gonna be.
We can attack perceptors in Dungeons

So thats what ive been thinking, times have changed, consider this.
My two cents, tom.

EDIT: Thanks Disk for making me click your link = Lost what I typed :p
Isitthathardtofind
Isitthathardtofind

Back to top Go down

Post  RAJ-rios Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:52 pm

hahaha Disk-Rolled!

A pretty modern view Tom, thanks for the input. Although I personally don't like the idea, I do like that you're looking for a compromise, and hopefully everybody gets a chance to read your idea. One thing I would like to point out, and I'll find the link from the dofus devblob if needed, PERCEPTORS, AS OF LIKE DOFUS 1.25, NO LONGER STEAL DROPS. They get a seperate roll based on your group prospecting break (the lowest possible pp available to break the lock) and the perceptors own pp. They drop items after the group is already awarded their loot.

I still understand the dungeon proposition though, I hope everybody considers everything before voting.

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isitthathardtofind Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Anywhore, I still don't believe that percs dont steal, its akward when our team drops shit, and the perc gets awesome drops.
But still, Im in favour keeping the rule, just adding this.
If anyone else got any great ideas, I would like to hear.
And since our guild grew ( you know like mould on a 10day old sandwich), there're many new members, we should spam forumlink more often so they register.
Tom
Isitthathardtofind
Isitthathardtofind

Back to top Go down

Post  diskudjua Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Nice Tom, I like people who don't think black and white.
But if you want to make an exception on the rule for dungeons, we should
write down, f.i. on the forum who we attacked and when. That way, if we get a revenge,
we can see wether it's justified or not.
Ethical question: what if we kill a dung perc, we get revenged. We take another revenge back then?
I remember there being a rule about revenging revenges.

@tom: haha, evil linky XD

OOH RAH! OOH RAH!
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here! Empty blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Post  Chancemen Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:06 pm

I would like to keep the rules the same :d

Chancemen

Back to top Go down

Post  AmmaLlama Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Ire- I didn't think there was any attacking. I'm sorry if you felt that way.

Tom- Okay, you place a perc in a boss room of a dungeon, someone attacks it. You wouldn't like that, would you? It would break alliances we have with other guilds and would throw our revenges out of whack. The whole reason we don't attack other percs is because it's kind of like stealing. Boss room or not, it's still the same.
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

Back to top Go down

Post  Irexop Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Thank you Amma, although what I was referring to, was a happening in /g where Raj and some other guys thought that I verbally attacked you.

I like the idea of just being allowed to attack in dungeons, cause that was mainly why I didn't like the rule.
And guys, it's not like I wanted to remove the rule completely, or try to make total war Wink Otherwise I wouldn't suggest a change, I would suggest a hammer.exe Very Happy
Irexop
Irexop

Back to top Go down

Post  AmmaLlama Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Verbally attacked me? Is confused. You've never been anything but nice to me personally and Chris hasn't mentioned anything negative that you've said to him while he was on my osa. You can message me and explain, if you would, so I can understand what is going on.
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

Back to top Go down

Post  RAJ-rios Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:54 am

Don't worry about it Amma. It was just a lot of drama for no reason in g/c. Let's see if we can get some more votes here, we only have 1/6th the guild so far.

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here! Empty Nipples

Post  Cosmohaze Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:07 pm

I think there needs to be more people attacking our percs for the fun of it. Can we make that a rule? Having people attack our percs? No? Oh. Well then we should just OOH RAH!
Cosmohaze
Cosmohaze

Back to top Go down

Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here! Empty Re: Cosmohaze

Post  AmmaLlama Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Welcome to the forums!

I would have to lookup the rules (yes they are here on the forums, but I am being particularly lazy tonight) but I believe we vetoed placing percs for PvP reasons. I wouldn't mind revisiting this, because I think it would help curb some of our guildies urges, since a lot of them aren't for hunting percs because of the drops, but more for the PvP aspect. However, I think that if that rule were to change, there would need to be limitations on it. If you place a perc for PvP purposes, you should have a team ready and willing to defend on while the perc is out. You should let everyone in the guild know that this perc is out for that purpose, so they don't jump in on your PvP. I'm not saying we shouldn't defend all Ooh Rah percs, but if you place one for PvP, I don't think other members should have to defend it just because you didn't take it down. When you are done PvPing, or go elsewhere where you cannot defend it, it should be removed, and it should not be left overnight. And if it is an area where someone else in the guild wants to place one for drops, it should be removed. These are just my two cents. It's up to Raj if he wants to put it to guild vote, and then up to the vote what happens. But with restriction, I think it could work.
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

Back to top Go down

Post  diskudjua Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Basically I don't see a big difference between putting a perc for drops and a perc for pvping. Fact is, that in both cases, in the end you are responsible for your own perc. I don't think that a special regularisation is needed here.

If you place a perc for PvP purposes, you should have a team ready and willing to defend on while the perc is out. You should let everyone in the guild know that this perc is out for that purpose, so they don't jump in on your PvP. I'm not saying we shouldn't defend all Ooh Rah percs, but if you place one for PvP, I don't think other members should have to defend it just because you didn't take it down.

How do you see this 'letting everyone in the guild know that this perc is out for that purpose'. We should avoid
leaving things open to interpretation, as this might cause friction between people. Also, I don't fully agree on the not jumping in if it's a pvp perc. There are a lot of people in the guild who like defending.

OOH RAH! to that
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AmmaLlama Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:13 am

What I was meaning, was that, I personally, do not want to be jumping into a perc fight every ten minutes when I am on if someone puts it down for PvP. I think if it is for PvP, the person placing it should be solely responsible for it. I don't mind defending a perc, it isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it is part of the responsibility of being in a guild, and you shouldn't be willing to place a perc if you aren't willing to defend them. And trust me, if I feel the urge to place a perc, I do. I know I'm not the only who would be wary of defending a perc that was placed solely for PvP purposes if the owner was off doing whatever.

And the difference between a PvP perc and a drop perc is where it is placed. A PvP perc is placed somewhere that is a high hit area, and/or has little to offer in the way of drops. Banks, zaaps, stuff like that (if they haven't fixed that already) are examples.
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

Back to top Go down

Post  RAJ-rios Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:36 am

I'm okay with letting people vote on that idea too, the PVP perc thing is VERY discussable. However 1 rule won't change, we ALWAYS defend. ALWAYS. The difference with a PVP perc disk, is that pvp maps generally don't give drops, percs are only placed there to show off the strength of a guilds defending abilities.
I think Amma's onto something about placing PVP percs, but if we don't have a full team available to defend it, it should not be placed.
And to Cosmo, th whole point of these rules are to PREVENT our guild from getting attacked. We don't always have enough people available to defend and win a big attack. Thats why we make as many allies as possible, so our percs don't die.

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AmmaLlama Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Exactly. I will always, always, defend if I am available. My only concern is it becoming obnoxious and us never getting anything done except for defending percs. (I typically can't handle a lot of the PvP myself, too, because, let's face it, I am in wisdom 90% of the time or in PP gear. I think I own a battle set, I really do, but I'm 190, I need all the extra wisdom I can get.) But I take honor in defending my guild's percs. If I didn't want to defend, I could easily pop over to another guild that doesn't care. I just do remember a time when it was constant defend and nothing else. That gets kinda old, quick, you know?
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

Back to top Go down

Post  Eend Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi hi.

I have been looking over this thread a bit and what i miss is that when people attack random percs. and they might lose, do not go and attack that perc again with more firends. just accept the fact that you lost and live on, maybe an other day you have more luck. This is how i do it with perc hunts. In a dungeon i just do the percs one time, if i win whoohoo. if i lose, at least it was a nice defence. That is all i like to share about the perc rulez.

Eend over and out. Daan (Dnee)
Eend
Eend

Back to top Go down

Post  AmmaLlama Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:33 pm

We don't attack random percs at all. It is against guild rules and will get you banned from the guild. Perc hunts are a no-no when you are in Ooh Rah.
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

Back to top Go down

Post  Eend Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:23 am

aaaah, ok so then my post is totaly irrelevant. i guess it is just to kill time and look all fanzy over here.
Eend
Eend

Back to top Go down

Do you want to have influence on Ooh Rahs perc rules? Look here! Empty Actually

Post  RAJ-rios Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:12 am

Although the CURRENT rules are no attacking percs, this thread is to vote for the rules you'd like. Thank you for the submission. Until a vote passes, please do not kill percs in the meantime.

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eend Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:54 am

no worries, i never attack perc anymore. not since i am SiC of CH. affraid
Eend
Eend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next