OOH RAH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PERCEPTOR RULES

4 posters

Go down

PERCEPTOR RULES Empty PERCEPTOR RULES

Post  RAJ-rios Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Okay, there's been a LOT of debate on where, how, when, and why we should place our percs, who should, shouldn't, and when nobody should defend, and whether or not it's okay to let a perc die. Lets try to clarify a few things first.

There is a TL;DR at the bottom for those of you in a hurry.

It is NEVER okay to let an OOH RAH perc die.
If you can defend, defend. If you know you'll die if you defend, defend anyways. You do NOT lose energy points, and your pets do NOT lose HP if you defend, win or lose. If nobody can defend and you know it's going to be attacked, pick it up. If you know placing it in a certain area will get it killed, don't place it there.

If the perc is 30 seconds old and a team of 8 level 200s attack it, we defend. We don't say in the guild chat "it's okay, it's empty, don't defend." It is NOT okay for us to lose a perc, and there is no reason to show ANY of those assholes that we're too scared to defend. If I just barely get 1 character online, and there's a perc attack, I'll join just my one character against 8 level 200s. I will not let our guild, or ANY of our guildmates look like a bunch of pussies.

Now with that being said, it's not fun for me or any other member to join a fight that we know we're going to lose. Thats why I prefer not to place perceptors in high risk areas whatsoever.

XP and PVP perceptors. OOH RAH percs have 0 wisdom. if an OOH RAH perc is left at crackrocks or Bonta sewers overnight it will collect between 30-50k xp. Leaving out a perc in such a high risk are for 8 hours is very stressful, and nobody in our guild can be expected to do no fights and just waits for perc attacks for 8 hours straight. Now let me put that 30-50k xp into comparison view for you. At level 200 with 90% to guild, any of the guilds 200s and my Cra donate between 70 and 120k xp every single xp soul or fight we do. Even more with good challenges. And those fights always take under an hour, not 8 hours. So to match 5 xp fights, probably what we would average a day, it would take *checks math* a perceptor to stay out at crackrocks 480 hours (20 days straight) to gain the xp we got in 5 fights each. So as it is plain to see, we don't need XP percs.
PVP perceptors should ONLY be placed if a full team of 8 OOH RAH members are going to be available and READY at ALL times to defend. What the hell is the point in placing a pvp perc when you're not gonna be able to join it anyways. In my own opinion, if you want pvp you can chall someone sign up for kolossium or get aligned, but if we ARE going to wind up placing pvp percs, I want a full defend always ready. Like I said before, losing a perc is unacceptable, and if we lose one because some guildies want to show off, we might have to pull some rights.
SO, whomever places a pvp perc must beforehand make sure that themselves included, there will always be a minimum of 8 ready defenders, not in souls or in fights or on their way to a dungeon. And as soon at that number drops below 8, that perc must be collected. Period.

HIGH RISK PERC PLACEMENT
Astrub is high risk because everybody places percs there. The f2p bots are great at filling up percs while you focus your time on other things. it's a great way to gather resources. I don't plan on making Astrub completely off limits (ask around to other guilds, you'd be surprised how many of them have/do) but obviously some rules have to be put into place. These will also be open for voting.

1. Always collect your Astrub perc when logging off. Nobody wants to spend 8 hours defending your full perc while you sleep at night, especially when it hasn't even been collecting anything since it's full. Astrub percs normally fill within 4 hours.

2. Don't place in Astrub unless you can actively defend. That means no more placing in Astrub and then running a dungeon. Astrub ponies get hit a lot, whenever somebody is looking for a guild to attack, Astrub is the first place to check.

3. Place in Astrub only for mats you need. Don't place in surroundings of Astrub just so that people see our guild name. People know our guild, they don't need to see our percs on every map they walk. We only have 10 percs, and they're all 0 wis with high prospecting. So use em where you need drops. Don't place on the pvp map just north of Astrub where there are always players but not a single mob spawns.

And thats where we come into the rules in general. Now that you know the reasons behind them all, I'll post, very simply and clearly, the guild perc rules. And until they are voted on and changed, these will be the rules, without debate.

DO NOT PLACE PERCS ON XP MAPS. THE GUILD DOES NOT NEED XP FROM PERCS.
DO NOT PLACE PERCS AT ZAAPS OR PHOENIX STATUES OR PVP MAPS, OR IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING AREAS.
WHEN PLACING A PERC IN A DUNGEON, ASK THE HIGHEST RANK ONLINE AT THE TIME FOR PERMISSION.
DO NOT LOG OUT WITH A PERC IN A DUNGEON, UNLESS IT IS A LOW RISK DUNGEON.
(use your best judgment on what low risk means. No, Gobball is not low risk.)
DO NOT LEAVE PERCS IN ASTRUB UNLESS YOU ARE ABLE TO DEFEND AT ALL TIMES THE PERC IS THERE.
ONLY ONE PERC PER PERSON AT ANY TIME, UNLESS YOU ASK THE GUILD FOR PERMISSION.
(Of course if there's plenty of available percs you can place more if you're defending, just make sure everybody has a chance to place.)

Last edited by RAJ-rios on Thu May 02, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated for 2.0, non multi account defending, and dungeon defendability.)

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

PERCEPTOR RULES Empty Re: PERCEPTOR RULES

Post  diskudjua Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Might change 100 to 110, but other than that, its still pretty relevant
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AmmaLlama Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Disky-

It originally said 140. I don't know when he changed it, but I think it still said 140 like, last week too. I don't know. lol
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

https://www.facebook.com/ammarenee

Back to top Go down

Post  diskudjua Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:36 pm

maybe a lv 100 joined and ruined a perc fight and he wanted to express his anger in a silent way like this?
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AmmaLlama Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Raj? Silent? That would be a first. :p
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

https://www.facebook.com/ammarenee

Back to top Go down

Post  Eend Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:21 am

we.. you can give people the right to be the main perc defender, they will be able to kick others out of the defence line and join themselfs.
Eend
Eend

Back to top Go down

Post  RAJ-rios Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:14 am

Yeah, and I give that right to people worthy, but we get a lot of new members often, so I still the rule understood. Besides, I find it to be a good motivational tool to get our guild nublets to level up Wink

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eend Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:53 am

i never looked at it that way. nice thoughs
Eend
Eend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content