OOH RAH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post you computer!

+3
diskudjua
RAJ-rios
Irexop
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post you computer! Empty Post you computer!

Post  Irexop Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:45 am

I know it maybe ain't suitable for this forum, but since I made mine myself, with help from Raj, so I thougth it would be fun to post it in the crafting section Smile

Theres an Asus mobo in it, 8gigs of kingston ram, one of the high end AMD Pheonom II x4 processors with a Coolermaster 212 fan on top of it.
Since I'm really only using the pc for dofus I just got a lame graphics card Razz

I would really love if other people would post their desktop! Very Happy

Post you computer! Dsc01203px
Post you computer! Dsc01199cy.th
Post you computer! Dsc01198t.th
Post you computer! Dsc01197u.th
Post you computer! Dsc01196b.th

Last edited by Irexop on Sun May 29, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Irexop
Irexop

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Okay everybody, you've all been wanting it, so...

Post  RAJ-rios Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:25 am

Here's the beast. Aptly named "Phenom-Xtreme" Although changed to PHENOM-SCOUT for windows file sharing.

I built it myself, picking out all the parts and buying them separately. Ire and I have very similar setups, but mine was a lot cheaper. AMD Phenom II dual core at 3.3 Ghz, Core unlocked and over-clocked into a Quad-core at 3.69 GHz. I've taken it to 4Ghz, but I don't need THAT much power. Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus (the very same one I made Ire buy.) Like Ire, I have a weak ass video card, XFX HD4650.
Unlike Ire, I only have 4GB of RAM, however it's all I ever use (8 Dofus clients come to around 3 GB,) and won't need more until future applications demand more memory (by which time I will have built something even MORE insane.) Front LED lit intake fan, blows fresh cold air to the back of the case where the horizontally mounted hyper 212 forces the air over copper heat-pipes and CPU heat-sink fins, and a 120mm LED lit exhaust fan sucks the warmed air out of the case. A huge top fan also takes excess heat and expels it through the roof of the case, just behind the (100% completely functional) carrying handle. The power supply also has a 120mm fan, that sucks fresh air from under the case, and shoots it out the back, never letting the hot air into the case.

I spent about 3 hours running cables so that it would look nice on the inside... more twist ties, zip ties and clips than a hardware store.

19'' monitor on the left, 40'' LED LCD HDTV on the right. Pretty much every I own of value is in this picture. Note the several XBOX 360s, they are flashed and able to play copied and burned games, even on XBOX Live, and are for sale. (anybody?)
Oh yeah, the mouse is a 9 button wireless mouse with a turbo speed button. It's pretty damn comfy, for 13 Euros Very Happy

Post you computer! DSCN5512

Post you computer! DSCN5507

Post you computer! DSCN5508

Post you computer! DSCN5473

Post you computer! DSCN5474

Post you computer! DSCN5471

Post you computer! DSCN5472

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Re: Post you computer!

Post  Irexop Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:44 am

RAJ-rios wrote:I built it myself, picking out all the parts and buying them separately. Ire and I have very similar setups, but mine was a lot cheaper.
Well eveything is more expensive in Denmark, but you also get paid more. For an example you said Big Macs often are 2$ in the states.
Costs the same as 5.8$ in Denmark Wink
Irexop
Irexop

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Yeah,

Post  RAJ-rios Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 am

They're that in Euros here. Not even the full fucking meal!

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Irexop Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 am

RAJ-rios wrote:They're that in Euros here. Not even the full fucking meal!
But that computer is bought the american way, right? Razz
Irexop
Irexop

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty A lot of it,

Post  RAJ-rios Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:53 am

but I bought the case, the power supply, card reader/remote control and mouse here.

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Aaaahh relaxed

Post  diskudjua Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Due to continious pressure, which may be well-regarded as stalking. (I sew you, raj!!!!!)
I shall post a sum little pics from where the genious operates:

My laptop:
Post you computer! IMG_0377

My comfortable chair in the yard where i'm playing atm:
Post you computer! IMG_0376

What I hook it up to when i'm not playing in the yard... Wink
Post you computer! IMG_0375
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Very nice Disk

Post  RAJ-rios Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:29 pm

I like the outdoor playing Disk, looks very nice. And the stickers on your lappy Smile

Come on people, lets see some more comps Very Happy

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Hey out of curiosity,

Post  RAJ-rios Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 am

What's that giant USB device sticking out of the side of your lappy? Don't tell me thats the receiver for your wireless mouse! Or a super long range WAN adapter? xD

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty *Blush*

Post  diskudjua Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 am

My wireless mouse is kinda ... old and ... cheap, very cheap =P
So ya, it's ma super funky mouse receiver. I should paint it orange don't you think?
I have to buy a new one these days, how many times have i felt over that cable lol
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty I don't know if you can get them where you are,

Post  RAJ-rios Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:37 am

But since moving to Finland I've been introduced to a VERY cheap Swedish brand called Deltaco, now there's a fast food chain in Arizona called Del Taco (guess what they sell) but Deltaco has been very reliable, and VERY cheap for me so I've bought all sorts of shit from them, maybe you'll get lucky and can find a supplier there too. My super sexy mouse was much less than 20e.

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty My humble computer

Post  AmmaLlama Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Post you computer! 29fp45i
Post you computer! 2s7jexv
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

https://www.facebook.com/ammarenee

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Great Amma

Post  RAJ-rios Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:09 am

Very cute, now take a pic of where you mostly play from Smile Got any specs on your laptop btw?

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Irexop Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:17 am

RAJ-rios wrote:Very cute, now take a pic of where you mostly play from Smile
Yeah! We wanna see the old scraty dusty thing you got there instead of some neat picture from google Very Happy
Irexop
Irexop

Back to top Go down

Post  diskudjua Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:35 pm

ooohh FLOWERS!
me likes it =)
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty ~

Post  Ninoly Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Oh my, I'm really liking the lappy. It's so cute *-*

So surprisingly my rig is completely built by Raj. Meaning it's prolly 3 times more powerful than I understand Very Happy I sit on the same couch Raj does but at the other end of it. I have my monitor on a kitchen chair and my xbox360 on the armrest ready to be hooked up to the monitor when I feel like playing it ^^ I'm dying to get some more comfortable setup with a sound system but with all the moving business blerght Razz

So here's some piccies ^^

That's it from the front. The case is very basic but I'm planning on going pink and cute.
Post you computer! DSCN5513

And here's the gut of it Razz
Post you computer! DSCN5515
Post you computer! DSCN5517
Post you computer! DSCN5516
Post you computer! DSCN5518

So there's my world ^^
Ninoly
Ninoly

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Good job Nin,

Post  RAJ-rios Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Now let me fill in the blanks. What Nin didn't mention is that from the front you can see the DVD Dual Layer re-writable burner with LightScribe, and once the side panel is removed, your eyes get drawn to the UV reactive dual stack Ati graphics card, with the beefy ass fan and housing. the next pic shows the Crucial BallistiX performance gaming RAM, and then to top off her AMD dual core rig (at 3.1 Ghz non overclocked) is a Cooler Master Hyper 212, the same cooling solution used by Ire and myself. Yes Nin, way more powerful than you know ^^

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diskudjua Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Ninoly wrote:

So surprisingly my rig is completely built by Raj. Meaning it's prolly 3 times more powerful than I understand Very Happy

^^ nice one nin, rofl over this. I can imagine raj being like: look nin, I built in this , and this meaning it can ... and speedy as hell.. blabla
And you like: uhm... okay I guess =/

You should defenitely paint it =)
<3 and colorfull details and ooh... stickers!! =D
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninoly Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:27 am

Haha yea just yesterday I was surprised that I could burn dual layer DVDs. I didnt know I could do that but the thingie's been there for like a year now Very Happy

Come on guys let's see some more workstations :>
Ninoly
Ninoly

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty RL Pics

Post  AmmaLlama Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:49 am

Post you computer! 30hwht5
Post you computer! X4rsd4

In addition to the floral design seen on the case, there are good features in the inside of the notebook like an AMD Turion II P540 processor, 4GB on the memory RAM, and a graphics card powered by an ATI Radeon HD 4250. Also included in the package is WiFi, HDMI, and a 5-in-1 media card reader.
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Woah fuck

Post  RAJ-rios Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:07 am

Those are some nice ass specs for a laptop dude, well done! I see you've upgraded your PC with the optional cigarette pack, very nice. Not only does it work as a slight paper weight (in no wind conditions) but you can also strike many keys at once by pressing the pack directly!
Where is the pic taken at though? You at a desk, or in bed? Where do ya play? Smile

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AmmaLlama Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:10 am

It was taken outside on the porch swing, I either play there or in our bedroom in a big comfy chair. I couldn't get a pic of it last night because Bastian was in here sleeping.
AmmaLlama
AmmaLlama

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty about bedrooms

Post  diskudjua Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Playing in bedroom never works out for me...
I have tried believe me...
But very soon I start to do other things... =D
So if i ever go afk while playing in bedroom...
Ah whatever, nvm that crap XD

Nice lappy amma, same graphics card as me =D though I have an intel core2 duo processor... which doesn't quite get near AMD performance Sad I've been looking for a hp (my fav brand ^^ ) lappy with an AMD, but after an endless search and my mom forbidding me to order online, and since I doesn't know anyone who can custom built me one, I've taken an intel. *sad face* Well, anyways, up till now 4Gigs of RAM and 2.53 Ghz have been enough. I only have two dofus accs (can log a max of 6), so I guess I'll be fine.

When I buy my next pc, I think I might go for apple, or at least I might consider a linux dualboot. I'm starting to hate Windows. I don't have a clue how much CPU usage the windows 7 fancy GUI requires, but I have this feeling it's way to much. =/
diskudjua
diskudjua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post you computer! Empty Bump.

Post  RAJ-rios Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:03 am

I'm hoping it I make this post look active again more people will post in it.

RAJ-rios
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chancemen Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:08 pm

diskudjua wrote:Playing in bedroom never works out for me...
I have tried believe me...
But very soon I start to do other things... =D
So if i ever go afk while playing in bedroom...
Ah whatever, nvm that crap XD

Nice lappy amma, same graphics card as me =D though I have an intel core2 duo processor... which doesn't quite get near AMD performance Sad I've been looking for a hp (my fav brand ^^ ) lappy with an AMD, but after an endless search and my mom forbidding me to order online, and since I doesn't know anyone who can custom built me one, I've taken an intel. *sad face* Well, anyways, up till now 4Gigs of RAM and 2.53 Ghz have been enough. I only have two dofus accs (can log a max of 6), so I guess I'll be fine.

When I buy my next pc, I think I might go for apple, or at least I might consider a linux dualboot. I'm starting to hate Windows. I don't have a clue how much CPU usage the windows 7 fancy GUI requires, but I have this feeling it's way to much. =/

Isnt it possible to change ur GUI so it dont use as much CPU? i think i did that with my lappy, i think it looks like windows before xp orsomething like that Razz

Chancemen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next